Aims and scope
Metallurgical Research and Technology (MRT) is a peer-reviewed bi-monthly journal publishing original high-quality research papers in areas ranging from process metallurgy to metal product properties and applications of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and alloys, including light-metals. It covers also the materials involved in the the metal processing as ores, refractories and slags.
The journal is listed in the citation index Web of Science and has an Impact Factor.
It is highly concerned by the technological innovation as a support of the metallurgical industry at a time when it has to tackle severe challenges like energy, raw materials, sustainability, environment... Strengthening and enhancing the dialogue between science and industry is at the heart of the scope of MRT. This is why it welcomes manuscripts focusing on industrial practice, as well as basic metallurgical knowledge or review articles.
The journal was formerly well known as « La Revue de Métallurgie », created in 1904 by the famous metallurgist Henri Le Chatelier.
Hot Topics:Critical raw materials processing; sustainable metal manufacturing; recycling and environment; metal shaping and forming processes; new welding and joining technologies; coating and surface functionalisation; metals for energy applications; structural materials; emerging technologies, nanometallurgy, additive manufacturing; mathematical modelling.
- Primary and secondary processing, raw materials beneficiation, pyo, hydro, electrometallurgy
- Casting and solidification
- Powder metallurgy
- Shaping incl. hot and cold forming
- Thermomechanical treatment and ageing
- Coating and surface functionalizing
- Joining incl. welding, brazing, mechanical and adhesive joining
- User's properties incl. mechanical and physical properties, oxidation, corrosion
- Metallurgical scientific bases, investigation and characterization methods incl. physical metallurgy, modelling
- Emerging technologies incl. additive manufacturing, nanometallurgy, architectured metals
- Metals and alloys for energy application incl. energy storage and generation
- Environmental footprint and sustainability incl. , circular economy, life cycle assessment, climate change
- Health & safety, societal issues